Schools Stand Up 2 Racism Conference:
Racism and Anti-Racism in Cheshire, Halton and Warrington Secondary Schools
Thursday 7th November 2013
9.00am – 4.15pm
DoubleTree Hotel, Chester
Free places available to the first 100 delegates
Over the past three years, Schools Stand Up 2 Racism has been researching racism and its effects in Cheshire, Halton and Warrington secondary schools.
This conference will give you the chance to be the first to hear the full project findings and recommendations, as well as find out more about the resources available to help you implement effective anti-racist education. You will also be able to participate in a range of innovative practice based workshops.
The conference elements include:
– Key note speaker, Robin Richardson: Robin is a leading race equality education consultant and author. Robin’s full biography can be found here.
– Presentation of Schools Stand Up 2 Racism findings, recommendations and resources.
– Workshops on the following topics:
- Understanding racism in Cheshire, Halton and Warrington secondary schools
- Embedding race equality across the curriculum
- Understanding and dealing with racist incidents
- Steps towards creating an inclusive school culture
- Philosophy for Children
– Group discussions on the conference themes and question and answer sessions.
All delegates will leave with a free pack: Integrating Global and Anti-Racist Perspectives within the Secondary Curriculum (worth £60).
You will also receive a free place on the Schools Stand Up 2 Racism in-service training, taking place throughout November.